CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY REPORT 2016
ONEOK is committed to supporting the communities where we operate and our employees live and work by fostering partnerships between our company, our employees and the community.
We strategically invest in charitable organizations and causes that align with our company’s values, as well as meet community needs by providing valuable services and resources. Through financial contributions and volunteer service, our goal is to enhance the quality of life and economic well-being of our communities while creating a positive environment in which to do business.
Community Investments Committees
With a concerted effort to engage our entire workforce, we organized community investments committees in 2016. These committees allow us to be more proactive in seeking out ways to support our communities throughout the 18 states in which we operate.
Committee members act as local advocates for community and employee engagement as well as subject-matter experts for Community Investments and related programs.
Committees are organized geographically into five regions with employee representation from across the company including Operations, Recruitment, Government Relations, Diversity and Inclusion, Live Smart and Communications and are managed by Community Investments staff.
Each committee evaluates requests for support from their region and has an annual budget to allocate based on the giving guidelines and needs in their local communities. The committees also coordinate volunteer opportunities and champion company activities like the annual United Way campaign.
Community Investments provides oversight and guidance to committees to ensure consistency and alignment with ONEOK’s strategic goals.
- Northern: Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming;
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma (outside of the Tulsa area)
- Tulsa area;
- Southern: Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas and Tennessee; and
- Midstates: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
2016 Community Investments Highlights
- One hundred forty-six communities in our operating area were impacted by one or more of our Community Investments programs.
- Seven percent of total giving was contributed to Diversity and Inclusion-related requests.
- Total volunteerism (employees/family/friends/retirees): 602 volunteers; 10,251 hours.
- Estimated Value of Total Company Volunteerism: $241,541
(Based on the estimated value per hour of volunteer time of $23.56).
- Fifty volunteer service grants were earned by employees through our volunteer program to give to designated charitable organizations for a total of $17,500.
“As a Community Investments committee member, I have seen firsthand the positive impact that ONEOK investments have had in the local communities where we work and live. those communities that received grants in 2016 through either our public school and emergency responder programs or charitable organizations who received support for specific needs were all very appreciative and thankful for oneok’s culture of ‘giving back’ to the local communities.”
Community Investments Committee Member, Northern Region
ONEOK Foundation and Corporate Contributions
2016 Total Giving by Focus Area – $5.8 million
Employees volunteering for 2017 Habitat for Humanity.
2016 United Way Campaign
2016 Tulsa Area United Way Awards and Recognitions
Cornerstone, Best of the Best, Caring Company Award
Cornerstone Million Dollar Plus Award
Companies and organizations that raised more than $1 million during their 2016 campaigns were presented
with the Cornerstone Million Dollar Plus Award.
Best of the Best:
- Employee per-capita giving: $250 or more
- Employee acknowledgement: 75 percent or more
- Campaign increase over year before: 5 percent
Employees participate in the Northern Illinois Mobile Food Pantry volunteer event.