CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY REPORT 2016
ONEOK is one of the nation’s premier energy companies and is included on the Fortune 500 and in Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500 Stock Index.
With its headquarters located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, ONEOK owns one of the nation’s premier natural gas liquids (NGL) systems, connecting NGL supply in the Mid-Continent, Permian and Rocky Mountain regions with key market centers and is a leader in the gathering, processing, storage and transportation of natural gas in the U.S.
We completed several organic growth projects in 2016 and have additional projects scheduled for completion through 2019. These investments demonstrate our ongoing commitment to build the infrastructure necessary to better serve our customers.
Growth projects completed in 2016 and scheduled for completion through 2019
Natural Gas Liquids
- Bear Creek natural gas liquids (NGL) infrastructure – A 40-mile NGL pipeline and infrastructure related to the Bear Creek natural gas processing plant in Dunn County, North Dakota. Completed: third quarter 2016.
- Bakken NGL Pipeline expansion (phase two) – To increase capacity to 160,000 barrels per day (bpd). Expected completion: third quarter 2018.
- Five third-party plant connections in 2016; six expected in 2017.
Natural Gas Pipelines
- Roadrunner Gas Transmission Pipeline – A 200-mile pipeline that connects our WesTex Transmission Pipeline system near Coyanosa, Texas, to a new international border-crossing connection at the U.S. and Mexico border near San Elizario, Texas. The 50-50 joint venture will be completed in three phases:
- Phase one was completed in first quarter 2016, providing 170 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/d) of capacity.
- Phase two was completed in fourth quarter 2016, providing 400 MMcf/d of capacity bringing the total to 570 MMcf/d; and
- Phase three is expected to increase capacity by 70 Mmcf/d and bring the total to 640 Mmcf/d. Expected completion: 2019.
- WesTex Transmission Pipeline expansion – The expansion of this intrastate natural gas pipeline system added approximately
- 260 MMcf/d of capacity to our system. Completed: fourth quarter 2016.
- Midwestern Gas Transmission expansion – The expansion of this interstate natural gas pipeline increased northbound capacity by approximately 170,000 dekatherms per day following the construction of an approximately 15,000-horsepower natural gas-fired compressor station near Herscher, Illinois. Completed: second quarter 2016.
- Mustang Pipeline – A 22-mile natural gas pipeline that is expected to transport up to 55 MMcf/d of natural gas to a third-party electric-generation plant in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, from ONEOK’s Edmond Storage facility. Expected completion: third quarter 2017.
- Oklahoma Gas Transmission (OGT) expansion – A 100 Mmcf/d expansion of the OGT pipeline out of the STACK play in Oklahoma. Expected completion: second quarter 2018.
Natural Gas Gathering and Processing
- Bear Creek natural gas processing plant – An 80-MMcf/d natural gas processing plant in Dunn County, North Dakota. Completed: third quarter 2016.